Monday, May 15, 2006

Super Mom Winner

Is your mother a super hero? Does she leap tall buildings in a single bound? Jess McGlothlin thinks her mom is a super mom and her short essay won the Super Mom Stories Contest.

The Pollo Grill and The Purple Pomegranate showed their gratitude for mothers everywhere by sponsoring a Mother’s Day Story Contest. The winning story writer, Jess and her mom each received a brunch from the Pollo Grill and a $50.00 gift certificate from The Purple Pomegranate.

Here is Jess’s winning story:

I truly believe my mom is a super mom. Three years ago, my family opened a public equestrian center. I have watched my mom, who at the beginning knew nothing about horses or running a business, become a competent horsewoman and a very effective and fun, barn manager. She has been run over by horses, bitten, kicked, and just about everything else you can think of, yet she has persevered, and now manages a 25+ horse facility, dealing with all kinds of horses (and people!) every day. Every summer she shows her support as she patiently travels all over the northwest with me to horse shows. While juggling the entire equine business, my mom also started another company. She has written and published a foreign language curriculum. From recording educational CD’s to writing text at two o’clock in the morning, she has remained dedicated to her project all through the arduous process of launching a new company. Throughout it all, my mom has done an incredible job of home schooling two high school children! I don’t have to imagine what it would be like to have a super mom – I have one!

Way to go, Jess!