Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Marie Brittsan


We are featuring work by Whitefish artist Marie Brittsan during the month of September. Marie’s bold, expressionistic artwork celebrates life and lifts the spirit. A former watercolorist, Marie uses layers of transparent acrylic glazes and applied texture to bring depth and intensity to her subjects. From abstract to representational, her colorful acrylic paintings carry energy and emotion.

Born and raised by the oceans and canyons in southern California, Marie developed a great love for the natural beauty surrounding her. She has painted since she was a child and the passion for painting has never faded. Marie speaks about her work, “When I am painting, my eyes become open again to the beauty around me. Color, light, shadow, form and energy are everywhere we look, always inspiring creative declaration. Music, emotion and Spirit have color, and I endeavor to capture those expressions in what I paint.”